Friday, March 28, 2014

How To Curl Extra Long Hair

The Lord has blessed me and my girls with some long hair.  All three of us have really thick, full hair so taking the time to curl it isn't always an option. But when I do, I love the results. It just looks so pretty! (I usually just put our hair up in a bun or braids for the everyday style).  My first choice for curling such long glory is having them sleep in braids. Nothing new and exciting but I have a trick for the ends of the hair that you may have never heard of.

First, braid. 
When you get to the ends wrap it once in a loop around the hair elastic. 


Now, wrap the  remaining ends around that loop and some of the braid, depending on how much hair you have left. 
 Secure it with another elastic or two.



Close up of hair wrapped around the bottom.





Now go to sleep and wake up in the morning.
This is what it will look like.
A mess.


Take out the elastics and braid.


The ends have a nice wavy curl to them. 


This is the easiest way to get loose, wavy curls without using any type of heat. 
The curls generally will stay all day, depending on how long you left the braid in. Keeping them in overnight is the what has worked best for us.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment