Sunday, February 2, 2014

How to make a simple headband


Are you always trying to pat that unsightly wisp of hair down? 

Well, join the club and I will teach you the simplest way to fix it. 

The secret is.... a headband! 

Not just any headband though. No, no. I am talking about a headband you can make in about 5 minutes. 

Ready? 

Here we go.

First, find an old jersey knit t-shirt and cut the bottom hem off.




Second, cut the bottom piece you just cut in half, making one long piece.

Thirdly, measure around your head (or a cute little girl that lives with you ;)) to get the length you need.



 Finally, cut the excess fabric off, sew the edges together, and put it on!





        This width of the headband was a little too thin for me.

                   It was about 2 1/2 inches wide. 


         So I made another headband, you know, because it's easy.

                This time I made it 5 1/2 inches wide.






I like this width better.

This type of headband isn't the tightest. 

I am sure there is a way to make it more elastic, but that was not my intention. 

This headband is for one of the days you can't tame those flyaways! 
                              
Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment