Thursday, February 13, 2014

Bedroom Redo Pt. 2

I will pick up where I left off last time with the floors.  
We were snowed in for a few days (hubby's work was called off and level 3 snow emergency), so we attacked the floors. 
The only good thing about snow emergencies is that you are forced to get work done! 
 This took us two days to complete.

Here are some pics of the floors.



 The next job for the room was to put in board and batten. 
We kept going back and forth with adding this to the bedroom. I thought it would be too busy, since we added the huge planked wall. The hubby thought we needed the board and batten to help off set the dark floors. In the end, I am glad we did it! It really makes the room look less dark. 



Hubby got to work nailing the trim and base pieces in. I followed behind him with a paint brush, and a good coat of primer. 
Since I was already priming the board and batten, I went ahead and did the planked wall as well. 



After the first coat of primer was on, I caulked every joint on the board and batten. Not fun in the least, but does it ever make a difference. I highly recommend caulking any joint!
The entire room took three tubes of caulk. 
The next step was painting the planked wall and the board and batten. We used Pure White from Behr paint.


We also added crown molding.




I'll be back with more updates. 
I'm looking for a really dramatic "before" picture before I post the reveal. 
This room has gone through many changes, and sadly I didn't take enough pictures years ago.
I'll keep digging around though. I don't know about you, but the "before and after" is my favorite part!

Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment