Monday, January 14, 2013

My Goodwill Chair

Awhile back, I found this chair at Goodwill.

 
It was love at first sight. And for only 5 bucks, it found its way in the back seat of my car!
I kept it in the garage for a few weeks. I kept looking at it. Should I keep it black? Then I thought... this is my chair. I don't want it to be black.  So I found this lovely aqua color spray paint, and painted my chair. Then I found this chevron fabric and stapled it on. The result..... is so me.... not so much--> the hubs.  :)  But, I love this chair. The thing is, I thought of what I wanted it to look like instead of what others would like. This is the first time I have ever thought this way, though. Who would have thought a chair would bring me so much liberty! And as we are doing some major changes in our home right now ,this is the attitude I want to keep.
It is our home.
We live here.
I want to be happy in our home.


And this chair makes me happy.

:) 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment