Friday, January 27, 2012

Progress In The Kitchen!

We are so close to completing our kitchen remodel! My dad spent the last week building a pantry for me. He is super talented when it comes to carpentry work and he even knows how to run electrical wiring. He installed our recessed lighting in the kitchen and also added 4 more outlets for me!  I now have a total of 6 outlets in my kitchen. Yes, I need that many outlets. Pretty much, wherever you are standing in the kitchen you will be able to plug something in. The reasoning behind my outlet madness is that my old kitchen only had 2 outlets. It drove me crazy! So I asked my dad to install 4 wall outlets along the L-shaped countertop, and then one on the side of the island and one on the side of the kitchen desk. I know no one else really cares but it makes me so happy! Thank you dad!  The pantry turned out great and we really need the storage. We recently became Costco members and we need somewhere to store all the food and paper products we have purchased. By the way, LOVE Costco! Anyway, here is a picture of the frame my dad built for the pantry.


This space was originally where the fridge was located.  When we moved the fridge we had this open area that we didn't know what to do with. We didn't want a small counter/cabinet there and I thought it would be too small for a pantry. We decided to stick with the pantry idea when we came upon a pantry door on Craigslist that matched our oak cabinets. It was only $45! A brand new pantry door at Lowe's or Menard's sells for $160 and up. The only problem we had was that the door was 4 inches too wide. So my dad came to the rescue and took 2 inches off both doors. I think he did a wonderful job! You can't even tell the doors were trimmed.


Now that the pantry is complete, the tile floor can go down. Dustin just started working on laying the tile tonight. :) :) We were able to get the tile on clearance for 50% off! It just makes me smile when I say that. Who doesn't love a deal?!! Here are photo's of the tile.



YAAAAAAYY!!!!!!!! Good bye floor from 1954! Hey, that rhymes.

I will leave you with a funny photo of our dog Mello. I was trying to do Allison's hair one day and he wouldn't leave me alone. Then he kept getting caught in Allison's hair and it was so funny. So here is a before shot of him, that is kinda silly.


And here he is with some curly locks!


Sorry Mello, but you asked for it.

Have a great weekend!! 









1 comment: