Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer Break Is Here!

This was the girls' last week of school and I am probably more excited than they are. Just to have them home with me is so comforting. And Asher is definitely making up for lost time with his sisters. He will follow them around the house and stay with them for hours. Which means this momma gets a little bit more free time.     :) :) :)
On their first day of summer vacation, what do you think they played?   School!  I am taking that as a good sign that they enjoyed the past year.  That makes me happy!



It was a short lived school day when Asher wanted to join in, though. He tried his best to write on the calender and help but, it didn't work out. He wanted to take full control of the classroom!


When this sort of thing happens, the girls will usually find something else to do. And then Asher joins them in that activity.  :)  He loves his big sisters!

Another reason I love the girls' being home is...... they help me cook!


Well, Emma is usually my big helper. She loves the prep work. I can't wait until she is a little older and I can give her more responsibility in the kitchen. Hopefully she can teach me a thing or two in the kitchen. I am not the greatest cook by any means, but I can make a pizza that everyone enjoys!






I really want this summer to be different with the kids. Usually we have lazy summer days. But I need a change. I have a lot of activities already lined up and a bunch of places to go. I know we will have some down days, but I want to try to keep them busy. I want them to have something they look forward to every week or twice a week. And they are all at an age where it is possible to do this. So I am taking advantage of it and we are going to have a great summer! One of the first places on our list  is coming up next week. It is called CEDAR POINT! Now this is one of the bigger places we will visit. But we are in need of a small vacation. We are celebrating Dustin's graduation and need some fun family time! I will post some pics from the trip when we get back.  

Enjoy the weekend and Lord bless!











No comments:

Post a Comment