Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thrifty Thursday {dresser, nightstand, & books}

 I'm back with some super finds. 

We got rid of two dressers in our bedroom redo to open the space up. But since our closet space is very tiny, we needed one dresser to help us out. So I searched Craigslist for a few weeks. Found nothing. Then, on a trip to Goodwill I found this pretty thing.



                       Love at first sight.
When the weather gets warmer, I'll give it a new coat of paint. And cover up that random "R" on the second drawer.



There are some scratches that I hope I can remove.

Cost: $20


The next pieces came from my mom. 
I was actually with her when she bought these at a garage sale last summer. I wanted to buy them myself, but at the time had no where to put them. When we did the bedroom makeover, we were on the look out for matching nightstands. I completely forgot about these pieces until my mom mentioned them and told me to take them. Thanks Mom!!!


There is an identical one on the other side of our bed. They are narrow, but have surprisingly deep drawers, which help with our limited closet space.



I have some plans for these twins. 
Just as soon as it warms up, and quits snowing!

Cost: Free!


The next finds are from Goodwill. I went in looking for a jean jacket and came out with about 10 pounds of books! That's usually what happens at Goodwill. You never know what you will find! 
Anyway, I always browse the book section just to look. My kiddos love to read and books cost $.50 to $1.00 there! So, I think a church just unloaded a whole bunch of spiritual/biblical books before I arrived because there were a ton of them there. 
I ended up buying two really nice sets of children's bible stories. 








The day after I bought these, the girls had already read through half of the first set! 
I really like these bible story sets because they are based off the KJV. That's the version we use and the girls were easily able to follow along with the pictures. 

 Cost: $14 {each book was a $1} 

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment